All routes have changed. New links are below.
11th ANNUAL BIKE HOCO RIDE
Saturday October 12, 2019
Bicycling Advocates of Howard County (Bike HoCo)
Time again to join Howard County cyclists on Bike HoCo’s 11th Annual Bike HoCo (All-Club) Ride. Enjoy a GREAT Fall ride.
DATE & TIME: Saturday, October 12, 2019
· Check-in/Registration -- 8:30 – 9am (ALL participants must check-in/sign waivers)
· Staggered Start (all rides start after 9am ~ 5 minute intervals)
· Distances: 63 (Metric Century), 42, 34 and 26 mile routes
· Riders are welcome to BYOB tailgate in parking lot area
LOCATION: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
· Start/Check-in/: APL Softball Field Parking Lot
· GPS/Google Maps location: Across from 7188 Sanner Road, Clarksville, MD 21029
PRE-REGISTRATION: On Eventbrite
Please pre-register so we will have adequate supplies at rest stop. Information and registration (cut and paste if the link doesn’t work):
· Bike HoCo is a §501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization.
· We request a minimum donation of $5 per rider to help fund our efforts as advocates for Howard County bicycling.
· This is Bike HoCo’s only 2019 fundraiser, so please consider donating even if you don’t ride.
· Our primary use for the funding (since we’re all volunteers) is project/grant effort to increase bicycle safety training in HC public schools.
Sign in starts at @ 8:30 am -- ALL riders must sign waiver
Ride Routes (Bike HoCo will post cue sheets and GPS data file on its web site prior to the ride and we will have paper copies at check-in):
o 63 mile Metric Century: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28758300
o 42 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31275973 (NEW LONGER ROUTE WITH MORE CLIMBING)
o 34 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31275907 (CHANGED RETURN TO AVOID TRIADELPHIA)
o 26 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31272468
Rest stop @ Glenwood Community Center (Rt 97 & Carrs Mill Rd. Otherwise, routes go by various convenience stores
You can BYO beer/wine/food for post-ride socializing in the parking area.
Wear Club or Group jerseys if you have one.
We need volunteers to help staff rest stop. If you can volunteer, please contact: email@example.com