See the memo in the link below. We now have an official advisory group in Howard County. BAHC will have a seat at the table. Make sure you communicate your needs to us so we can get them to the folks who can act on them.
Time again to join Howard County cyclists on BAHC's 9th Annual Bike HoCo (All-Club) Ride. Enjoy a GREAT Fall ride and social.
DATE & TIME: Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Check-in/Registration -- 8:30 - 10am
- Staggered Start: Metric (63 mile) at 9am, 45 mile at 9:30 am, and 34/26 mile at 10 am
- Beer and soft drinks will be available post-ride from 11:30 am – 3 pm
LOCATION: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Start/Check-in/: APL Softball Field Parking Lot
- GPS/Google Maps location: Across from 7150 Sanner Road, Clarksville, MD
PRE-REGISTRATION: On Eventbrite
Please let us know so we will have adequate supplies at rest stop and for post-ride refreshments!
DONATION: Use our Donate button at: https://bikehoco.org/take-action/ or send via Paypal to email@example.com
- Bike HoCo is a §501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization.
- We request a minimum donation of $5 per rider to help fund our efforts as advocates for Howard County bicycling. You also donate cash when you check-in/sign waiver.
- This is Bike HoCo only 2017 fundraiser, so please consider donating even if you don’t ride.
- 63/45/34/26 mile routes. Cue sheets and GPS data files are linked below and we will have paper copies at check-in.
- Sign in starts at @ 8:30 am -- ALL riders must sign waiver
- Staggered start:
- 63 mile Metric Century @ 9am
- 45 mile @ 9:30am
- 34/26 mile routes @ 10am
- Princeton Sports will again provide SAG support.
- Rest stop @ Glenwood Community Center (Rt 97 & Carrs Mill Rd. Otherwise, routes go by various convenience stores
- Post-ride social adjacent to APL softball field in the parking area.
- Bike HoCo will also provide beer/soft drinks or you can BYO beer or wine (and some to share - especially if it is a good micro brew).
- Wear Club or Group jerseys if you have one.
We will need volunteers to help run check-in, staff rest stop, and prep/clean up area after the social.
If you can volunteer, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The new Howard County Bikeshare officially launched on July 6th. The program features stations at
- Howard County General Hospital
- Howard Community College
- Merriweather Post
- The Mall in Columbia
- Columbia Lakefront
- Oakland Mills Village Center
- Blandair Park
Memberships are available for $85/year, $15/month or $2/trip with a special founders' membership for $85
More info can be found at https://howardcountybikeshare.com/
Become a Founding Member today for $85/year. The membership includes unlimited rides of 60 minutes instead of 45, and an exclusive branded water bottle! You will also be invited to the Opening Ride on the day of the launch (limited places available).
There are only 250 Founding Memberships available! Sign up for this great deal now!
There was a great turnout for Bike to Work Day in Howard County. Riders converged on Whole Foods in Columbia early morning, socialized, enjoyed crepes and checked out the new Howard County Bike Share bikes before departing for work.