Sunday October 14, 2018
Bicycling Advocates of Howard County (Bike HoCo), APL Cycling Club, Glenelg Gang, HoCo Cyclists, and
Mid- Maryland Triathlon Club (MMTC)
Time again to join Howard County cyclists on Bike HoCo’s 10th Annual Bike HoCo (All-Club) Ride. Enjoy a GREAT Fall ride and social.
DATE & TIME:Sunday, October 14, 2018
· Check-in/Registration -- 8:30 – 9am (ALL participants must check-in/sign waivers)
· Staggered Start (all rides start after 9am ~ 5 minute intervals)
· Distances: 63 (Metric Century), 42, 34 and 26 mile routes
· Local craft beer (ticket provided at check-in), water, soft drinks and snacks will be available post-ride from 11:00 am – 3 pm at APL Picnic Pavilion.
LOCATION: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
· Start/Check-in/: APL Softball Field Parking Lot
· GPS/Google Maps location: Across from 7188 Sanner Road, Clarksville, MD 21029
PRE-REGISTRATION: On Eventbrite (paste in browser if link doesn’t work) at:
Please let us know so we will have adequate supplies at rest stop and for post-ride refreshments!
· Bike HoCo is a §501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization.
· We request a minimum donation of $5 per rider to help fund our efforts as advocates for Howard County bicycling.
· A donation of $15 or more will make you a charter member/supporter of Bike HoCo for the next year (2019)
· This is Bike HoCo’s only 2018 fundraiser, so please consider donating even if you don’t ride.
Sign in starts at @ 8:30 am -- ALL riders must sign waiver
Ride Routes (Links to cue sheets and GPS data files are below and we will have paper copies at check-in):
o 63 mile Metric Century: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28711364
o 42 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25217929
o 34 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25217578
o 26 mile: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25217618
Rest stop @ Glenwood Community Center (Rt 97 & Carrs Mill Rd). Other impromptu rest stops at various convenience stores that the routes go by.
Post-ride social adjacent to APL softball field in the parking area.
You can BYO/wine/food (and some to share - especially if it is a good micro brew).
Wear Club or Group jersey if you have one.
We will need volunteers to help run check-in, staff rest stop, and prep/clean up area after the social.
If you can volunteer, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org