5th ANNUAL BIKE HOCO RIDE
(Formerly the BAHC All-Club Ride)
Hosted by: Bicycling Advocates of Howard County (BAHC), APL Cycling Club, Glenelg Gang, Ho Co Cyclists, and the Mid Maryland Triathlon Club
It’s that time again to join other Howard County cyclists and enjoy a GREAT Fall ride and social. This is the fifth year that BAHC has organized this ride. Last year over 120 Howard County riders participated.
Date & Time: SUNDAY, October 14, 2012
- Check-in/Registration begins at 8:30am
- Rides start at 9:00am sharp!
Location: The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Start/Check-in: APL Softball Field Parking Lot
- Post-Ride Social: APL Picnic Pavilion
- Navigation/Google maps location: Across from 7150 Sanner Road, Clarksville, MD
- We will have 63/45/34/26 mile routes. BAHC has cue sheets and GPS data file on its web site: http://bikehoco.org/cue-sheets/(paper copies will be available at check-in).
- Sign in 8:30 am (ALL riders need to sign waiver to participate) — staggered ride start at 9am (faster Metric riders first and slower 26 mile riders last).
- Princeton Sports will again provide SAG support.
- We are planning a rest stop for the longer rides at the Glenwood Community Center on Rt 97 (MMTC is hosting) with the metric stopping there twice and the 45 mile route stopping there once.
- All riders are invited to participate in a post-ride social at the APL Picnic Pavilion (on the other end of softball ball field from the parking area) after the ride. BAHC will set up grills and supply water/Gatorade and snacks. All Clubs and individuals are welcome to bring their own picnic supplies (use the grills) and drinks. Bring your own beer and some to share (especially if it is a good micro brew). Beer/ alcohol may only be consumed in the picnic pavilion area not in the parking lot.
- We will need volunteers to help run check-in and prep/clean up the picnic area. Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- BAHC is a §501(c)4 tax-exempt organization. We are requesting a minimum donation of $5 a rider to help fund our efforts as advocates for the cyclists of Howard County. This is our only 2012 fundraiser.