BAHC has been working with the Columbia Association’s efforts to create a more interconnected and comprehensive bicycling and walking circulation system for health, recreational and transportation purposes. http://www.columbiaassociation.org/content/getinformed/connectingcolumbia/index.cfm
» Goal: To create a more interconnected bicycling and walking circulation system in Columbia for health, recreational, and transportation purposes
- Increase the amount of bicycling and walking throughout Columbia among people of all ages and abilities
- Improve the safety of the pathway system
- Increase connectivity to key destinations
- Make Columbia’s pathway network is easy to navigate
- Coordinate this project with the County’s Bicycle Master Plan.
Chris Tsien has been BAHC’s representative on the Connecting Columbia’s Active Agenda Task Force. The draft recommendations are online: http://www.columbiaassociation.org/pdfs/getinvolved/ActionAgendaReport_2012-07-05.pdf
CA expects to roll out the final Action Agenda in September, 2012.